TOP 10 SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS IN 2020
All social networking channels are not created in the same way suitable for every business. Each of the social media channels has its characteristics and purposes. The best way to choose the best and right social media platform for your business is to test each of the social media platforms. If you are not aware of the social media platforms, you can stick with any of the top-notch Social Media Marketing Company in Kochi to help you choose the right social media platform. Today we will check out the top 10 social media platforms that will help out various businesses in 2020.
Top 10 social media platforms to choose
Let’s have a look of top ten social media platforms namely Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, YouTube, Quora, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Reddit
1. Facebook (source: Wikipedia and official website of Facebook)
- An American social media conglomerate corporation based in Menlo Park, California.
- Founders of Facebook are Mark Zuckerberg, Andrew McCollum, Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes
- Facebook was founded in February 2004
Facebook is one of the largest used social media sites across the globe. More than 3 billion people worldwide are using Facebook to offer support, share ideas, and make a difference. About 160+ million businesses are using Facebook to connect with targeted customers and grow. There 1 billion + stories shared every single day on Facebook and 100 billion+ messages shared per day to make people stay together. Facebook is one perfect platform for brands that need to market their services and products to a broad audience.
2. Instagram (Source: Wikipedia and official website of Instagram)
- An American photo and video sharing social networking service owned by Facebook.
- Created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger
- Launched in October 2010 on iOS
Instagram makes people closer and with the things you love. Instagram is a supportive and safe community for everyone. Instagram has different attractive features to make people express them in a new way. Instagram has released a new feature called Reels, which was incorporated due to the ban on Tiktok. Instagram helps to connect with users, create compelling content, and build influence for your business. Instagram is a visual platform to share images and videos. Based on the statistics, 32% of the users between 18 and 24, 33% of the users between 25 and 34 are making use of Instagram for different purposes.
3. Twitter (Source: Wikipedia and official website of Twitter)
- An American microblogging and social networking service
- Founded on March 21, 2006
- Founders of Twitter are Jack Dorsey, Evan Williams, Noah Glass, and Biz Stone
Twitter is one of the most popular among the general public, politicians, policymakers, students, and academics. Twitter helps you to know about the latest trends and happenings across the globe, and let you know about what other people are talking about the issues happening in the world right now. Twitter helps promote your research, reach a broad range of people instantly via tweets and retweets, improve relationships with the experts you love, reach new audiences, uniquely express yourself, and know about the latest development and news more.
4. LinkedIn (Source: Wikipedia and official website of LinkedIn)
- American business and employment-oriented online service
- Launched on May 5, 2003.
- Founders of LinkedIn are Reid Hoffman, Konstantin Guericke, Jean-Luc Vaillant, Allen Blue, and Eric Ly
- The parent organization of LinkedIn is Microsoft Corporation
LinkedIn is famous for its B2B audience, and there are currently 690 million users making use of the social networking platform for their business and professional use. With LinkedIn, the users can expand their connections professionally, search, and apply for their niche jobs, showcase their resume and portfolios, and more. Apart from that, you can also do blog posts on LinkedIn, and it is the best platform to share your expertise.
5. WhatsApp (Source: Wikipedia and official website of WhatsApp)
- An American freeware, cross-platform messaging and voice over IP service owned by Facebook
- Authors: Brian Acton and Jan Koum
- Founded on May 3, 2009
WhatsApp helps users share videos, documents, audio files, voice notes, images, and text messages. There are about 2 billion monthly users making use of WhatsApp for a different purpose. There are many advanced features and are also in plan to come up with various features for business purposes. The current update in WhatsApp is the dark mode feature, group calling, and business call. There are more than 500 million users who update their WhatsApp status regularly.
6. YouTube (Source: Wikipedia and official website of YouTube)
- An American online video sharing platform headquartered in San Bruno, California
- Founded on 14, February 2005
- CEO of YouTube is Susan Wojcicki
- The founders of YouTube are Jawed Karim, Steve Chen, and Chad Hurley.
YouTube is the largest video sharing social networking site across the globe. It helps users upload videos, view user videos, engage, and interact with the customers quickly, and more. It has an average of 2.5 billion active users monthly, and most of the users spend about 50 minutes to watch their favorite channels or other information on the platform.
7. Quora (Source: Wikipedia and official website of Quora)
- An international question and answer website headquartered in Mountain View, California, US.
- Founded on June 2009
- CEO of Quora is Adam D’Angelo
- Founders of Quora are Adam D’Angelo, and Charlie Cheever
Quora is the largest social media channel developed for people to clarify and ask questions about different categories and topics. It varies from language to marketing to career to industry, and more. It has about 400 million active users monthly. It’s also one efficient platform that digital marketing specialists make use of for acquiring the backlinks as they do have competent authority.
8. Snapchat (Source: Wikipedia and official website of Snapchat)
- A multimedia message app
- Authors of Snapchat are Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown.
- Released on July 8, 2011.
Snapchat has about 360 million active users monthly. If your business targets young users, then you can make use of Snapchat for your business use. The age group of 13 years is more active on the Snap Chat, and the statistics show that they are spending about more than 40 minutes on the app. Snapchat includes a lot of behind the scene videos, influencer takeovers, exclusive offers, and user-generated content.
9. Pinterest (Source: Wikipedia and official website of Pinterest)
- An American image sharing and social media service
- Launched in January 2010
- Founders of Pinterest are Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra, and Evan Sharp
Fashion, décor, food, workout, wedding, and DIY-related pins are some of the most common and used content on Pinterest. If you need to deal with vibrant visuals, you need to stick with Pinterest. Statistics have reported that more than 80% of females use Pinterest. If your business focuses on a female audience, you can also make use of Pinterest for your business use.
10. Reddit (Source: Wikipedia and official website of Reddit)
- An American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website
- Founded on June 23, 2005
- Founders of Reddit are Steve Huffman, Alexis Ohanian, and Aaron Swartz.
Reddit is a social media site where the users can engage with the targeted audience by becoming a part of subreddits on their focused topics. Reddit has about 430 million active monthly users, and it heralds as the front page of the internet. Alexa rankings state that Reddit ranks among the top 20 most visited sites, and it has the blend of community and content, holding about 150,000 communities. Reddit is perfect for any business and brand, as there are so many niche posts
No matter what type of social networking channel you are using, you need to pick the right tools and social media sites for successful marketing. If you need more help, contact us, we are the top-notch Social Media Marketing Company in Kochi offering high-quality results at an affordable package.
I hope the above blog was helpful in identifying your social media network channels. What business are you? What type of social media channel do you use?